Baby Carriers

If you purchased an Infantino SlingRider Infant Carrier, you better check out this link. A recall of this product was just announced. Apparently:

"The plastic slider on the carrier's fabric strap can break. This can cause the strap supporting the carrier to release and infants to fall out of the carrier".

There have been reports of babies falling out of the carrier. One baby suffered a fractured skull. Pretty scary.
When my son was a baby, I bought one of the carriers from Walmart. I don't remember the brand, but it was a cheaper version of the Baby Bjorn, which is a top rated, very popular baby carrier. The carrier I bought would hold up to 25 pounds and could be worn on the front or the back. It was very useful. When my son wanted to be held, it freed up my hands to do other things, but kept us close enough to keep him content. I'm a programmer, so I spend the majority of my day in front of the computer. Well, the baby carrier was really handy for when I needed to do computer work. I put it on, stuck my son in it, put on some music, and the majority of the time my son would fall right asleep, allowing me to get work done.
One thing to note: The baby carrier I bought held up to 25 pounds. There was a model below that which was pretty much the same thing, except it didn't hold as much. My son barely weighs 25 pounds now and it's getting hard for me to lift him. I can't begin to imagine putting him in one of those baby carriers and carrying him around. Maybe it would be good for a guy to carry the child around on his back, but not for me. Also, by the time the baby weighs 25 pounds, I don't think he would be content to stay in it.

Comments