Disposable diapers

Disposable diapers. Do they ever end? Especially those first few months. I would change my son every 3 hours, right before he ate and any other time as needed. I guess about 8-12 per 24 hours. The NICU used Pampers, so that's what I stuck with when he came home. Got pretty expensive after a few months. Especially since I had a low cash flow. I took 3 months off, with the last 6 weeks unpaid. Once that ended I went back to work 20 hours per week for quite a while. With unexpected medical bills on top of a mortgage and car payment and not much help from hubby, I had to start cutting corners.
That's when I decided to give cheap diapers a try. You know what? They work just as good as the expensive diapers. I wished I'd tried them sooner.
I went to Walmart and first tried the cheapest diapers they had, Parent's Choice. They worked great during the day when my son's diaper was being changed every few hours. Not the greatest for at night though. There was leakage. I went back to Walmart and got the second cheapest brand, White Cloud, and tried those at night. No leakage. So that's what we do now. Parent's Choice diapers during the day and White Cloud diapers at night. So much cheaper, it's amazing.




Comments