Potty Training

My son is 27/29 months today. Our big goal for this year is to hopefully get him potty trained during the day by the time he is 3. Last month I bought the potty chair. I just got the simple 4 in 1 model. There were other potty chairs which played music when flushed, but I didn't want my son to think it was a toy. Normal toilets don't sing when you flush, so I didn't want his to. The seat on the other models looked hard too.
My son immediately knew what the potty chair I bought was for, dropped his drawers, sat on it, got up, checked it out, sat back down. He actually did pee a little bit. The second time we tried, he did the same thing. The third time, he decided the toilet bowl part of the potty was a hat. After that, he hasn't cooperated. I gave up for a few weeks and I think after Easter, I'm going to try again. I've got to do a little reading and see if I can find some good tips.
So far I've read "It's Time!: A Potty Training Guide"
By Karen Pillari Penner
. I guess it's worth reading. It did suggest letting the child run around naked all day and to wake the child up at night to go to the potty. I'm not interested in either suggestion. I don't want my son running around peeing as he wishes, so he can get the feel of it. And once he's asleep, no way am I waking him up.
I did receive an email today with a link to this article about potty training and rewards. It's worth a read.



Comments