Mamasource - Connecting Moms in Your Community

Have a parenting question, but don't know who to ask? Then you might want to check out the website Mamasource. Mamasource helps you connect with other moms in your area. By joining Mamasource, you can view questions other moms have and the responses they've received. You can also post your own questions. Every day you will receive an email from Mamasource with questions from other moms. Some of the questions and responses are very informative.
Topics include everything from the best leak proof sippy cups to breastfeeding and sleep issues. I have a toddler and a newborn, so being a part of Mamasource is very helpful. It's nice to know others have similar issues. It's also nice to connect with other moms from my area.
You can access the archives of past advice which is very useful.
Mamasource also has a list of recommended businesses in your area and their reviews.
A recently added member perks section lists discounts available to Mamasource members at various websites owned by members of the Mamasource community.
Mamasource is an invaluable resource for all moms.
Membership is free.

Comments

Mama What? said…
Plant a Tree, Spam a Friend!

I received an email from Mamasource two weeks ago and stupidly I clicked the link so I could send a tree to one of my girlfriends. I've still been getting email from people in my address book, some have been saying thanks for the tree and others have been pretty mad that they got an email like that from me. I did not get a chance to select the one person I wanted to send the email to, instead every single one of my addresses were harvested from my gmail account. What B.S! This is totally illegal and unethical.

When I went to unsubscribe from the email, there was no way to unsubscribe. The "unsubscribe link" went to an email preferences page, not to an unsubscribe link, another direct violation of the CAN-SPAM act, which regulates commercial email. I wrote to support@mamasource.com and got an auto-generated response saying:

Dear Sucker - This is Anne at Mamasource Member Support. Thanks for your message and we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Contacts from your email address book that are checked and highlighted in bright yellow are only contacted during the registration process if you click the button to "Select Moms and Invite". In this case, those highlighted contacts receive an invitation to join Mamasource. Just so you know, although the invitations have already gone out, from now on your contacts will not receive any additional Mamasource invitation emails from you. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you need any assistance and I will be happy to help you. Warmly, Anne Mamasource Member Support

What a blatant lie, there were never any highlighted contacts, once I hit send, everyone, and I mean everyone got that stupid invite, even my 10 year old nephew...how embarrasing!

How do I know the reply was auto-generated? Because I've received the same email from them every single time I wrote to them to ask them about this situation, all with different Support names. Try it yourself!

If this is such a great site, how come they are resorting to such unethical practices? A lot of women like Mamasource, and if you are one of them, please email (because there is no phone number) them at support@mamasource.com and tell them to stop this unethical practice immediately!

I highly recommend reporting all emails to the FTC. Simply forward the email, in its entirety to spam@uce.gov

Please get more information and read my story at http://mamasource.blogspot.com/