Forget Swaddling, Try a Sleeper

The first few weeks after my newborn came home, I would swaddle him, which, btw, is one way to help soothe a baby. Swaddling was going well until one day when he started kicking out of his blanket. Shortly after that, out came the sleeper sack his brother had used. At Christmas time Kmart had a good deal on the blanket sleepers with feet. Unfortunately, the smallest size they had was 2T. I picked one up anyways to have on hand for when he grew into it. A few weeks ago I decided to put it on him. What a good idea! The blanket sleeper with feet is big, so he has lots of room. I just roll up the sleeves. It's soft, warm and zips up, so I don't have to worry about him kicking out of it like a swaddle. With a risk of SIDS for babies under a year old, the blanket sleeper is also much safer than a blanket. A blanket sleeper with feet also makes it easier to strap him into his carseat, swing, or leap frog learning seat.
If your baby keeps kicking out of his swaddled blanket, I highly recommend trying a blanket sleeper.

Comments