Picky Eater

Got a picky eater? My 4 year old is an extremely picky eater. He pretty much lives off of cheese and crackers. He hasn't touched a vegetable in months and is now starting to reject fruit. He also eats meat sparingly. He's in the 10th percentile for weight, so he's thin, but not underweight at least.
While doing some Christmas shopping at Amazon.com, I came across a book called The Sneaky Chef. Great book! You puree various fruits, vegetables and beans and add them to various recipes. So far I've made the mac n cheese, pizza and chocolate chip cookies. I was very impressed with all 3 recipes. The mac n cheese contained carrots and sweet potatoes. The pizza contained white kidney beans, carrots and sweet potatoes and the chocolate chip cookies contained white kidney beans and dried berries. In all 3 recipes no one would ever guess the secret ingredients. If you ask me, everything tasted better than the normal recipe. Unfortunately, my son wouldn't eat the mac n cheese or the pizza, but he chowed down 3 of the chocolate chip cookies when they came out of the oven. Today he did even ate a tuna fish sandwich with wheat germ.
Next, I'm going to try burgers with spinach and blueberries, brownies with spinach and blueberries and french fries with cornmeal.
I don't like sneaking secret ingredients into my son's food, but everything else I've tried has failed, so I'm really glad I bought The Sneaky Chef. It's a good way to ensure your child or you or your spouse eat healthy.

BTW, I just discovered the author, Missy Chase Lapine, has a 2nd book out. The reviews say it is even better than the first. I will definitely be ordering it.

Comments