Potty Training, How to Clean a Potty Chair

My 4 year old has been potty trained for quite some time. I'm very proud of him as he pretty much did it on his own. Potty training is something you just can't push. You can guide them, but you pretty much have to wait for them to be ready. I figured night time would take a while since I wasn't about to wake my son during the night to go. One night he decided he didn't want to wear a diaper, so I let him go without one just to test him. He stayed dry for a few nights, then would be wet, then dry. It didn't take too long before he just stayed dry every night.
I opted for the potty chair over the toilet seat potty only because my son is very curious and would get into everything in the bathroom.
The potty is a pain in the butt when it comes to cleaning. Even though I keep it empty and rinsed out, it doesn't take very long for the potty bowl to become stained. I tried spraying it with lysol cleaner, letting it set a bit and then scrubbing. That works pretty good, but what worked the best was white vinegar. Just fill the potty bowl with white vinegar, let it set overnight and rinse with water. The potty should be remarkably clean. I know I was impressed.
BTW, if you are trying to choose a potty, buy a plain cheap model, as you will probably just want to throw it away once potty training is over. Even though I try to keep it clean, the potty isn't something I'm going to hang on to. Some potty chairs have all the bells and whistles with sounds and make believe flushing that sell for about $50. Watching my son's poor aim at times makes me glad I just opted for the cheap model.


More Potty Chairs


Comments