How to Help Baby Sleep With Music

Baby having trouble sleeping? Well, I lucked out with both of my boys. They are both great sleepers. I really have no idea how that happened. Maybe they just take after me. I LOVE to sleep. lol. I think a routine is a big part of it. We have a set feeding schedule. Breakfast when they first get up. Morning snack 2 hours later. Lunch 2 hours after that. Nap/quiet time for 2 hours. Afternoon snack when naptime is over. Dinner 2 1/2 hours after that. Bath time and bedtime snack and bedtime. I work at home, so the boys get lots of unstructured play time. They are excellent at keeping themselves occupied. My oldest son enjoys building sheds with his Legos for his Thomas and friends trains. Very creative little boy.
Anyways, during the day, they are super busy, so I think that helps wear them out, so they are ready for bed when the time comes.
One thing I have done is play music for them at bedtime. For my youngest's first year, I would put on Bob Marley. I read that babies are supposed to like Bob Marley. My son did seem to enjoy it, but for my oldest son, I used Journey's Escape cd. He would always fall asleep before the cd was even over. It was a rare occasion when he would still be awake when it was over. Shortly after my youngest turned 1, I decided to give up on Bob and switch him over to Journey. For a while I noticed he would still be awake after the Bob Marley cd was over. He would occupy himself, but it would take a little while longer for him to fall asleep. Well, I switched him over to Journey and he is now sleeping well before the Journey cd is done playing. I'm very impressed. If you have a baby or toddler who is having trouble sleeping, I highly recommend playing the Journey Escape cd for him. Who knows if it will help, but it is certainly worth a try.
BTW, music is great for stimulating a babies brain to develop.
To get a baby to sleep through the night, you might also try using a fan, or I use a humidifier, turned on high. The white noise of the fan or humidifier sometimes helps. I know the humidifier noise has helped my son sleep while he's been sick.



More Help on Getting a Baby to Sleep

More Journey

More Bob Marley

More Humidifiers

More Fans




Comments