What to do with Kids Stickers

My kids love stickers. Me, not so much. Every time they go to the dentist or doctor, they get stickers at the end of the appointment for "being good". Don't get me wrong, stickers are pretty cool. Bright colors, cool designs, some even smell nice. Remember scratch n sniff stickers? I can still smell the pizza stickers.
It's what happens when we get home that is the problem. Stickers end up pasted to the hard wood floor, the wall, the $800.00 dining room table, the kitchen cabinets, kitchen countertop. You name it, stickers have been placed there and some of them are a real pain in the butt to get off. Usually I just scrape them off with my fingernail. Using water just makes the stickers harder to remove. I have a spot on the kitchen counter of leftover sticker residue I can't get off.
I thought back to when I was a kid. Yeah, I loved stickers too. I had a cool book made especially for stickers. I'm sure it's still at my parents house in my old room someplace. I'll have to dig it out. I'm sure my kids would love it.
That's when the light when on. I'll get them each their own sticker books. I headed to the dollar store and picked each kid up one of those marble covered composition books. Now when I bribe my kids with stickers, the sticker reward goes right into their books. No more stickers all over the house and furniture. No more thrown out stickers stuck to random pieces of paper; and they get to look at their stickers whenever they want. Problem solved.


Comments