3 Year Old Well Check

My youngest had his 3 year old well check today. Hard to believe he is 3 already. Time sure flies! The 3 year old well check is a great visit. It is the first visit where the blood pressure gets checked, but the biggie was no shots! Shots again at the 4 and 5 year old well checks though.
I cringe every time they get vaccinated. New York state schools require them, so not much choice unless you homeschool. Maybe there are other ways around getting vaccinated, but I've never looked into it.
I used to have the boys get the flu shot, but stopped last year after the controversy surrounding the swine flu shot. The flu shot only covers certain fu strains, has the potential for side effects, weakens your immune system, etc. The home remedies I use have helped when we do get sick, with no side effects. One remedy I use for congestion is Vicks Baby Rub. My 3 year old has a cold at the moment, so his doctor said to try Vicks Baby Rub. She said it's new, but has been around a while. That kind of amused me since I've been using Vicks Baby Rub for 6 years now. She also said all the old stuff is coming back. Yeah, all the old home remedies without side effects.
Vicks Baby Rub contains petrolatum, fragrance, aloe extract, eucalyptus, lavender and rosemary oils. The first 2 ingredients are not good. For short term use, I try to overlook that. Eucalyptus is great for bacterial & viral infections. Lavender helps with relaxation and rosemary is good for respiratory infections and helps "clear the head".
Anyways, my 3 year old is 27 lbs, 36 1/2 inches tall. Just a little guy, but growing good.


More Home Remedies


Comments