3 Year Old Acts Like Dog




My 3 year old is obsessed with dogs! He just loves them. He has a whole gang of stuffed dogs he carries around with him. He plays with then all day long. He feeds them, sleeps with them. The other day he gave them a pretend bath. They really do need a real bath. They started smelling like a real dog after a while. It's hard to get them away from him. One of these nights I'm going to have to do it after he goes to bed. The one time that I brought him down to the washing machine while I put the doggies in proved very traumatic for him. lol
The only drawback is I think he has a dust mite allergy, which the doggies aggravate when not frequently washed. He does have one, Doggie, which is hypoallergenic. I thought about trying to replace the whole gang with hypoallergenic stuffed animals, but I think it would be too devestating for him. Pooch, Puppy, Big Dog & the rest of the gang are irreplaceable.
Lately, he's even been acting like a dog. Barking, which sounds very realistic, licking his cheerios out of a bowl, walking on all fours. He wants a dog costume for Halloween. From what I've read, it's a stage. He just has a very active imagination and will grow out of it. No cause for alarm.
When we go someplace, the doggies come along. Pooch sits in his brother's seat when his brother isn't with us. Luckily, nowadays, he just brings one or two doggies. Two years ago he would bring the whole gang. One time when we went to pick up his brother from pre-school he even insisted on bringing along this huge, bright, yellow duck. Then he made me carry it into the school! lol I got a few funny smirks.
Someday I will really miss that little boy and his doggies.


More Toddler Resources


Comments