18 Inch Doll Comforters

Last year for Christmas my youngest son really liked Sesame Street. For Christmas I bought him an 18 inch doll version of Cookie Monster and an 18 inch doll version of Oscar the Grouch. They were really cool. He loved them. The toy store also had 18 inch doll versions of Bert and Ernie that were really cute. Unfortunately, my son grew out of Sesame Street before I could buy them. He moved onto Toy Story and is now interested in SpongeBob Squarepants.
His crib was a convertible crib. A year or two ago, I took off the baseboard and converted the crib into a toddler bed. He's now almost four, and it's a little small for him. A lot of times I will go in to check on him and find him laying on the floor.
I finally made the move to put him in a full size bed. The crib converts into a full size bed, but I don't have the adapter kit. The store I bought the crib at is now out of business. His father is a carpenter, so he made the bed frame out of logs. It came out very nice. I bought a Slumber 10" pillow top mattress in a box from Walmart. For coming in a box, it's a nice, reasonably priced mattress. The sheets are Spongebob, of course. I was planning on getting a generic comforter because kids tend to move on to a new theme pretty quickly. When we were shopping a couple of weeks ago, my son saw a Spongebob comforter and put it in the cart. I was having a hard time finding a comforter I liked, so I bought the Spongebob comforter, in case I didn't find a generic comforter I liked. I ended up putting the Spongebob comforter on his bed. He really likes it, at least for the moment. It does look nice. I hope he doesn't grow out of it too quickly though.
I bought a Spider Man comforter for my oldest son when he moved to a full size bed. He only liked Spider Man for a few months afterwards. Now he's a huge Star Wars fan.
I guess when they are older I will be able to buy them comforters without a character theme.

Comments