Kids Point Reward System Charts

My sons are both very stubborn. Getting them to do something I want is a chore. They've both also turned into picky eaters. Since I have a bunch of free time now, I put together a reward system for them to try to get them to do what I want, including eat better. My oldest son has a monster reward chart I downloaded from https://www.kidpointz.com/. It is a weekly chart where you add a list of tasks and mark off a square for each day of the week where the task is completed. His tasks include: brush teeth, do homework, clean room and listen while I read at night.
My youngest son has a doggie reward chart I also downloaded from https://www.kidpointz.com/. It is the same type of chart as the monster chart. His tasks include: brush teeth twice a day since he has 4 cavities, clean room and listen while I read at night.
I also downloaded a fruit and vegetable color chart from https://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/support-files/rainbow.pdf. It tracks which fruits and vegetables are eaten every day according to what color they are. The chart also has a color coded list of which foods belong to each color. It doesn't have white though, so I added that myself. Included in that list are bananas, cauliflower, garlic, mushrooms, onions and potatoes. I'm also letting them include milk, cheese, yogurt and chicken for the white category.
I've set up a point system where each activity done per day earns 1 point.
There are a total of 10 activities for each boy at 1 point each, so there is a total of 70 possible points per week that can be earned. This is a 30 day system, so for 4 weeks that is 280 total possible points for a 100%. They need to earn at least 182 points for passing of 65%.
I'm setting up these prize levels:

181 points or less (0 - 64%): $1 prize
182 - 206 points (65% - 73%): $5 prize
207 - 231 points (74% - 82%): $10 prize
232 - 256 points (83% - 91%): $15 prize
257 - 280 points (92% - 100%): $20 prize

The prize is their choice as long as it stays within the price limit of what they earned.
We'll see how it goes!
My oldest just told my youngest: Have you noticed Mom has gone cuckoo because of that chart thing! LOL! Guess that's what happens when I don't have work to do.


UPDATE: 7/6/13 - My sons are doing really great with this, especially the oldest, who's very competitive. For the first round, my youngest got the $5 prize and my oldest got the $10 prize. In the latest round my youngest got the $5 prize and my oldest got the $15 prize. It's definitely a good, sneaky way to get kids to do what you want with the added bonus of teaching them to manage money.


More Kids Reward Systems

Comments