Collection Harassment

One thing I learned at a young age that I hope to pass on to the boys is that it is important to save money and have good credit. My grandmother always told me that. Working at a bank also helped with learning that. I bought my first brand new vehicle when I was in my early twenties and built a house in my late twenties thanks to my saving and good credit rating. It's much tougher to save when you have kids, but every little penny helps.
Now that times are tough, I'm glad I've been able to save a little bit. I'm not much of an investor though. I tend to stick with cd's as they offer more interest than a savings account and help your money grow since they are not risky. I did recently discover cd's at a credit union offer way higher interest rates than banks.
I have a couple of credit cards, but pay them off each month. It's very easy to get into credit card debt though. With Christmas and birthdays all hitting at once this time of year, I am very tempted to let payments slide, but interest rates are so high, I hate to do it. My mortgage is my only debt, and I would really like to keep it that way.
Some people get so far in debt that collector's will start banging on your door looking for the money you owe. Collection harassment can be pretty scary. If that happens to you, there is a website called creditlaw.com that might be able to help you. They are a group of consumer attorneys and offer free case reviews. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act protects consumers from collectors who try to collect money through unfair practices. Creditlaw.com will help you understand your rights, assist those eligible for compensation and help stop collectors from harassing you.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am also suffering from bad debt and these debt collection are sending me letter one by one to pay my debt. Thanks for sharing your information, it is very useful for me.
Andrew said…
Nice post...
Very Informative....
collection agency