Oriental Rugs Puzzle Mat Rug

Our house has an open floor plan for the kitchen, dining and living room areas. It has a cathedral ceiling with a loft area that overlooks the dining and living rooms. The loft is where my office is, so I can overlook the living room and see what the boys are doing. It works out great as I can get work done without them being underfoot and keep an eye on them at the same time.
For now, the living room doubles as a playroom. I was only here a year before I got pregnant with my oldest son. After building a house and buying basic furniture, I was pretty broke. I paid for everything myself with no financial help from my so-called significant other.
When my son was born, the living room consisted of a couch, chair, loveseat, coffee table, television and stand, so I had lots of room for baby toys, which turned into toddler toys and then kid toys.
No more kids are planned, so I'm slowly migrating the toys out of the living room into the boy's bedrooms. After 7 years, it's time. I can't wait to get my living room back.
One thing I can't wait to revamp is the rug. There is an area rug between the coffee table and the television. It is just a cheap $20 area rug from Walmart. The boy's father got them a big foam number/letter puzzle mat. It is the size of a large area rug, so that is laying on top of the cheap area rug. It's not bad as it protects the area rug from spills and crumbs, but my youngest likes to take the puzzle mat apart. It's a real pain to put back together every night. I know someday I will miss it, but right now, I can't wait until it goes away. One of those nice, expensive oriental rugs would be nice. Oriental rugs are so pretty. They come in tons of different colors and designs, so it's hard to choose which one I like the best. Even though I'm not ready to buy one, I enjoy browsing oriental rugs. I'm sure when the time is right to replace the puzzle mat, I will find the right oriental rug for my living room.

Comments