Outerwear For Kids

Today's weather is really nice. It's sunny and the temperature is supposed to reach 70. Unusual for November in upstate New York. It's a nice switch from the rainy fall we have had so far.
We did have the first snow a week or two ago. It didn't amount to anything other than a little ground covering.
I hate to think about digging out all of our winter clothes. I'm sure at least one of the boys needs new boots. All the stores around here have outerwear for kids on display. I think we are all set with jackets, snow pants, hats and gloves for this year though.
One spring I was shopping and saw a rack of outerwear for kids on clearance. I stopped and took a look at what they had. I found a nice winter jacket regularly priced at $40, but marked down to $5. My oldest was two years away from fitting into it, but I bought it and saved it. He wore it last year even though it was a little big. This year it should fit better. $5 for outerwear for kids that my oldest will get several years out of, and my youngest will probably also get use out of, is a pretty good deal.
I hate shopping though. I'm always in a rush and prefer to just order online. To go shopping by myself, I have to find a babysitter. The only babysitter I have is my mother who's a half hour away. I prefer not to take the boys with me when I go shopping. Sometimes they have issues behaving. It's just easier, and quicker, to go buy myself. A few weeks ago my oldest pitched a fit in Walmart because I wouldn't buy him a Lego set he wanted. Of course I had to pick the wrong checkout line. We had to wait forever and the whole time he was in the cart crying and screaming. Everyone was staring at us like we were lunatics. lol.
My youngest and I have been taking weekly trips to get groceries while his brother is in school. Unfortunately, the past few trips he has decided he no longer wants to ride in the cart. He wants to run down the aisles. The last trip I gave him my cell phone so he could watch Sponge Bob. That seemed to pacify him enough so he wasn't running around.
A few days ago my oldest was wondering what the mall was. I don't think I will be taking either one of the boys to the mall anytime soon. I will stick to ordering online.

Comments