Star Wars Party Novelty Hats

My oldest just turned seven. We had a small, Star Wars Lego themed birthday party with three of his friends. It was a fun two hour party. They seemed more interested in running around the house yelling than in the activities I had planned. Next year, we'll have an hour and a half party instead. There was one boy we'll have to really think about inviting back. He was very destructive, said no I don't want to when told something. He needs some serious discipline.
Anyways, we decorated wooden craft boxes with Star Wars stickers, made light sabers out of glitter & fuzzy sticks, had a Darth Vader pinata and played a put the sticker on the spaceship game. The pinata and spaceship game both went over well.
I ordered Star Wars Lego cups, napkins and plates. We ate pizza, wookie cookies, bossk brownies, cheese, crackers & pepperoni, chips/pretzels & dip, veggies & dip. Then we opened gifts and ate cake. I ordered a yellow, buttercream frosting, Star Wars cake from Walmart. It was really good! It was $20 for a 1/4 sheet. It had Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker action figures with light up light sabers on top.
Before leaving, I gave them each a goodie bag filled with a Star Wars cup, ninja figure, stickers, crazy straw, activity pages, crayons, Star Wars pencil, 2" glow stick pendant necklace, play dough and Star Wars ring.
I ordered everything online from Party Express, except for the wooden craft boxes, which I ordered from S&S Worldwide. Online stores that sell novelty items are really great if you are having a party. The majority of items come in bulk and are really cheap. Most sites offer free shipping if you order a certain amount, except for U.S. Toys, which offers free shipping with no minimum.
There are tons of novelty items available, including novelty hats, holiday themed items and party themed items. I bought my son one of those Stars Wars novelty hats that say clone troopers. I forgot to give it to him though, so I'm saving it for Christmas. Novelty hats, such as Santa hats, are cute for kids to wear at Christmas. I have a couple for the boys and hope to have them wear the hats, so I can snap their picture and make it into Christmas cards.

Comments