Window Curtains

A year after our house was built and we moved in, I became pregnant with my oldest son. I paid for everything myself, so I was pretty broke when we moved in. I didn't have extra money for decorating other than your basics. I don't like a lot of clutter, so I didn't mind.
Over the years, I've been pretty busy having and raising two kids, pretty much by myself, all on top of working. Luckily, I've been able to work at home, so that has helped save time, money on gas and daycare. Now that the boys are older and more independent, I have a little more time to focus on other things.
One of those things, I would like to focus on more is decorating the interior of my house. I don't want different styles mashed together in one room. I want each room to have it's own style. I like all different styles, but gravitate towards simple, modern or contemporary. I like more neutral colors too. The house is post and beam, so there is a lot of wood throughout. Neutral colors work well with the wood. The boy's rooms have more color though. The kitchen countertop was a laminate with a blue/black swirl pattern, but is now being redone with a whitish stone. It's much nicer!
One area I would like to work on are the windows. The windows all have blinds and over the years I've been contemplating either upgrading the blinds to something nicer or buying window curtains. The blinds are just simple, inexpensive blinds I bought at Walmart. Simple window curtains would add a nice finishing touch. Window curtains can be expensive though, so it pays to shop around.

Comments