Kids Gardening Growums

I was browsing through the latest issue of Computer Graphics World and came across an article about Growums. It is a line of vegetable/herb characters geared towards kids and getting them interested in gardening. I was very excited to stumble across Growums.
I love gardening. Unfortunately, the boys aren't as enthusiastic about it. They help me once in a while with planting and enjoy digging in the dirt, but could really care less about the vegetables themselves. I'm really hoping that as they grow older that will change.
This year I'm adding watermelon and corn, 2 things they both like. I'm hoping that will help them be a little more enthusiastic about gardening.
I'm also hoping the Growums will help. Growums is about a half dozen sets of 4 different vegetables and herbs. Each set comes with a them. I bought my youngest son the pizza Growums kit
. It comes with seeds for basil, oregano, tomato and pepper. I bought my oldest son the taco Growums kit
. It comes with seeds to jalapeno, cilantro, tomato and iceberg lettuce.
The Growums website has games and lets kids track the progress of their gardens. Each vegetable has a cartoon character version. They are really cute!
I hope the creators come out with a cartoon show. With the sad condition of today's food supply, getting back to the basics and growing your own food is a skill future generations are going to need.


More Kids Gardening



Comments