Sesame Street

Contribution by Kennith Griffin

This is crazy. Tonight in the bath tub my 2 and a half year old daughter started identifying letters by sound. You know, we have those soft foamy letters that stick to the bath wall when they get wet. She was putting them on the wall one by one and acting like she was teaching a class or something. Most of them weren’t correct, like she called a “K” an “A,” but some of them she got right. She held up the “C” and said, “cccc.” I did not teach her this. We aren’t a flashcard kind of family by any means. The only thing I can think is she watches Sesame Street on our Dish TV every day while I am cooking dinner. I know that show has letters of the day and such; perhaps that is where she learned it. Now I don’t feel as guilty for putting her in front of the tv while I cook. She’s actually learning something from those silly characters! I was impressed by her knowledge to say the least.

Comments