Another School Year

The boys are in 2nd grade and preschool this year. My youngest is really enjoying preschool. He had a few issues the second day involving not wanting to clean up, getting upset, throwing a tantrum and kicking the teacher, but other than that he's doing great. He was upset when he had to take the weekend off from school.
His speech is coming along pretty well, although I still hate sending him off to school alone. He's at the same preschool with the same teacher his brother had, so already knowing her makes leaving him a little bit easier. She did a great job with my older son. My youngest son has a special ed teacher coming twice a week for an hour and a speech therapist coming twice a week for a half hour. He got approval late in the school year last year, so he only had it for about 2 months with nothing but me over the summer. Hopefully professional help for a full school year will have him ready for kindergarten. He's missing a lot of early sounds like p and b. He really seems to know a lot of things, colors, shapes, letters, etc. It's really great being able to understand more and more of what he says. The other day I was cutting an onion and I said: OMG I can't see. He heard me and said: yeah, you need a haircut lol.
They are getting big way too fast. Now that they are both in school, I have mornings to myself for the first time in almost 8 years. Working at home while raising two very busy boys pretty much by myself has been challenging, but I'm really glad I've been able to stay home and watch them grow. Speech Therapy

Comments