Art Easel

My son just turned 3. I read that 3 year olds are very creative. My son all of a sudden seems to be. He just recently took an interest in drawing and writing. Unfortunately, he likes drawing on the floor, coffee table, window sill, etc. I have a nice section on the wall of his decorative artwork from when he was about 2.
So for his birthday I bought him an art easel. Very nice. I got a really good deal on it, $35.00, free shipping. It's from Melissa & Doug, is wooden, has a white board on one side and a chalk board on the other side. The height is adjustable, so it will grow with him. Each side has a tray for holding supplies. My only complaint is it does not come with art supplies. I just started him out with a set of white board markers, white board eraser, a box of sidewalk chalk, and a chalkboard eraser. It does come with clips to hold paper, but they break easily. I'm going to hold off on paints for a while. He's had the easel a week and plays with it every day. The Melissa & Doug art easel was definitely a good purchase.



Comments