Apple Cider Vinegar Honey Garlic Recipe Cold Flu Remedy

My oldest just started first grade. We made it through 2 full weeks of school before he caught the first round of sickness. Better than last year, since he got sick after 4 days.
In my ever expanding bag of cold and flu remedies, I've added this recipe:


Put the following in a blender...

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup raw honey
8 cloves garlic

Mix on high speed for 60 seconds. Pour mixture into a glass container. Seal and leave in the refrigerator for five days. Normal dosage is two tsp. in a glass of water or fruit juice, grape or orange juice is best before breakfast.

The original link is here:

http://rawfoodinfo.com/articles/art_cidervingarlichoney.html

I just made the first batch, so I don't know how it will work, but it seems good. I had a taste and it's really good. I'm going to put 2 tsp in 3 tbs of apple juice and give him a little at a time throughout the day. Probably will do it for a few days if he's willing. I'm going to try it on my 3 year old too. I think he has allergies, since his nose is always stuffy.
I follow Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar Facebook page and they posted it.
I drink 2 tsp of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of water with a dash of honey every day. If I don't drink it for a few days, I definitely notice a difference in my energy level. It's supposed to help with headaches/migraines too. I love honey and grow my own garlic, so it's a recipe you can't go wrong with.

UPDATE 7/16/12: I'm still making this garlic, apple cider vinegar, raw honey recipe whenever there is the slightest hint of sickness coming on. It totally works! The boys made it through the winter with no serious illnesses and no antibiotics! I think the garlic is the key ingredient. I've mixed just honey and apple cider vinegar together and it just hasn't been as effective. Mixing all 3 ingredients together is the key. I also make smaller batches at a time, keeping the proportions the same:
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup raw honey
2 cloves garlic

Take 2 tsp in a glass of water at least once a day. I highly recommend this natural home remedy for colds and flus.


http://ice-princess-parent-talk.blogspot.com/2010/10/croup-ear-infection-home-remedies.html

http://ice-princess-parent-talk.blogspot.com/2010/09/cold-flu-home-remedies.html

More Home Remedies


Comments

Nazareth Secret said…
Hello Ice Princess. Thank you for this remedy. I have been searching for all sorts of remedies using honey. Could I feature this one on my blog or facebook page?
Thanks!