Read Books Online

My seven year old started the process of learning to read last year when he was in kindergarten. In first grade he has learned so much more. He can actually sit down with a simple book and read all of the words. He does a great job at sounding out the words he's not familiar with. No more leaving out Christmas lists with a reader in the house. lol.
I'm trying to encourage him to read by giving him ten minutes to read at bedtime before lights out. I've also read to him every night since he was a baby. I love reading. It is my favorite hobby.
Ever since the Amazon Kindle came out, I've thought about getting one. I haven't made the jump yet, but someday I will. I think I'm just waiting for the technology to get better. It's also possible to read Amazon Kindle books on cell phones. A few weeks ago I discovered an app in Google Chrome that I can install to allow me to read Amazon Kindle books. It's called the Kindle Cloud Reader. I was very excited! Some of the Amazon Kindle books are free. I did find a couple of useful free ones that I'm making my way through. Classic books, such as Jane Eyre, are also free. The Amazon Kindle version of many books are less expensive than the actual book. Some books are only .99 cents. It's great if you find a book you would like to read, but aren't sure how good it will be.
I also discovered there are many other sites that offer free books. Google has it's own selection of free books. A website called The Reading Room offers online books you can buy along with free previews of books. That's a cool site too because it is also a social networking site. You can connect with other readers and join bookclubs.
I'm starting to really love to read books online. Being able to read books online saves bookshelf space from having to store the actual books. It also saves money as the digital version is often less expensive. Being able to read books online also allows for portability as you can take your Amazon Kindle or laptop with you and read where ever you go. It's much easier if you are reading a really large book. You also have your whole collection of books with you at all times.
Reading is the best gift a person could give themselves. It opens up a whole world of learning and knowledge that stays with you forever.

Comments