Eyeglass Neck Chain

When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I had a ton of headaches. I'm a software developer, and at the time, I worked eight hours per day. By the end of the day, I had excruciating pain around my eyes and temples. I thought part of it might be eyestrain, so I went to the eye doctor at Walmart. Sure enough, I needed glasses. Once I got glasses the headaches weren't quite as bad, but a lot of it was probably hormonal. A few years after that I signed up with a real eye doctor, and I now go have my eyes checked yearly. My eyesight problem is that I can't see distance. I refuse to drive without glasses. The signs are just too blurry. I also wear my glasses during the day while I'm working on the computer.
My oldest son was a preemie. It's common for preemies to have eyesight problems, so when he was about four, I took him to my eye doctor for an examination. It turns out that his eyesight is actually quite bad. He's supposed to wear his glasses all the time. He's not too good about that, but he does wear them most of the day while he is in school. He doesn't think he needs glasses.
I still have to take my youngest son for an eye exam. I'm waiting until he's a little bit older and more cooperative. My oldest son's first trip to the eye doctor didn't go too well. He was uncooperative and the eye doctor insisted on using eye drops. In order to get the drops in, we had to hold him down. My eye doctor is ok for cooperative patients, but he's not good for little kids, even though he's supposed to specialize in kids. His personality isn't very kid friendly either.
My son and I are always misplacing our glasses. I always set them down and forget where I put them. Of course it's harder to find them when you can't see without them.
Last week, my son came home without his glasses and didn't know where he had put them. Luckily, he had put them in his desk at school. That was a relief. Glasses are really expensive, a good couple hundred dollars, so I really don't want to have to replace them.
My great aunt Freeda always use to wear an eyeglass neck chain. I think that is what my son and I need. I would probably feel like an old lady, but they are really a good idea. You can buy them in different colors and styles. They are very inexpensive too. Much cheaper than spending a couple of hundred dollars on a new pair of glasses because the old ones were lost.

Comments